Here’s a look at what’s open and closed this holiday Monday!
- Select malls: Square One (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Eaton Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Bramalea City Centre (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
- Most city-wide tourist attractions like the Toronto Zoo, the ROM, the Science Centre and Canada’s Wonderland
- LCBO and Beer stores
- Most malls and chain stores
- Government offices, banks and libraries
- TTC and GO run on a holiday schedule
- Most grocery stores and supermarkets
- No mail delivery
What to do?
- Visit the CNE and take in the Canadian International Airshow, which runs Saturday-Monday
- The Labour Day Parade forms around 9 a.m. Monday at the corner of University Avenue and Queen Street, and travels into the CNE grounds around 11 a.m.
- Toronto Blue Jays in town against the Baltimore Orioles
- The 2012 Toronto Labour Day Classic in chess will be hosted at the University of Toronto’s Hart House all weekend
- Visit Hispanic Fiesta 2012 at Mel Lastman Square, which runs from August 31 to September 3 and features music, food and traditional Spanish clothing
- Visit ARTfest, which takes place at the Distillery District September 1-4 featuring painting, photography and sculptures
- Brazilian Day festival at Yonge-Dundas Square Monday